The Sydney Jewish Museum has a new program for members of the community who wish to write their life stories or the life story of a family member for their children and grandchildren.
The program, entitled "Sydney Jewish Museum: Community Stories" aims to:
- Provide members of the Sydney Jewish Museum and the wider community with an opportunity to express their individual family history in a written form.
- Create an archival collection of the social history of the NSW Jewish community.
Writers interested in participating do not require any special literary talent or experience, but simply the desire to write their story. Participants may wish to take their manuscript to publishing stage or they may wish to produce several simply bound copies for their family.
The following products and services are offered on a fee for service basis:
- Writing Workshops with experienced facilitators
- Client Mentorship Service including one on one supervision and discussion
- Individual Client Service offering the full range of options to take the manuscript to publication at professional standards in paperback format
- Publication of a Journal of short histories for writers who do not wish to sustain a book length narrative
- Book Launch
We are also collecting stories for our oral History Archive. Participants are interviewed for up to two hours and provided with one or more copies of their unedited interview on CD, with a copy retained by the Museum.
For a selection of our publications click here.
For further information please contact:
- Jacqui Wasilewsky, Project Manager at the Sydney Jewish Museum
- Tel: 9360 7999 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Calendar of Events
Program and festival dates - everything you need to know to make your visit to the Sydney Jewish Museum a success. Find out more
We now have all your special gifts for barmitzvah, batmitzvah, weddings, engagements, birthdays and other simchas. Call (02)9360 7999 or email email@example.com